Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Sign

All this week I've seen a heron in the reeds. Since I have been losing a bit of steam, the sight of my totem helps.

I am not sure why I am blogging - what with the blogs I already have and the lack of time and attention I devote to them. Is there a community out here, separate from the mommy-runner and vegan blogs?

I figure I will commit for the length of my marathon-training period while I am recording my food and exercise. I will see if there is any energy left over to devote to recording my aches and frustrations, childish thrills and perverted ideas.

*

My Pace Gloves arrived in the mail, but are too big. Had to mail-order them and have to mail-order return them now. Crap. I was looking forward to a non-smelly option for my more public runs.

The Vibram Five Fingers are Fabulous, love the way they feel, the way they let me feel - hate the way they smell. Wore them into the shower yesterday and gave them a good shampoo. Still worried today that the stench would cause the cows to stampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment