Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milestones

Yesterday I ran a half-marathon distance.

Actually, I have been so focused on the training schedule for the marathon that a friend on Daily Mile had to point out the milestone for me.

I ran a half-marathon after a weekend of pushing myself in a kayak (in more ways than one). I ran a half-marathon with the uncomfortable burn of an infection brought on by sitting 18 hours in a wet wetsuit.

I ran a half-marathon without earphones or distractions.

Without the promise of external rewards or brag-bling.

Without injury, exhaustion or depression.

Did I mention I ran a half-marathon?

3 comments:

  1. Funny how I never think half marathon unless it's a race. Without injury, exhaustion or depression is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am going to think of it as a virtual one-woman race :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I celebrated the first time did! Thanks for following me, I am following you too now!

    ReplyDelete