Monday, July 4, 2011

Renaissance Woman

After Middle Age(s ic) comes Renaissance...

And cross-training.

Looking back, I wish I had taken a more holistic approach to life the last three years instead of pushing through ultra-marathon sessions at my desk.

Those weekends I went to the mountains to hammer out a thesis, denying Kiri the joys of lemming-chasing and myself long runs in the mist on soft trails, I was living a half-life and courting atrophy.

The wisdom gained from hindsight, certainly more valuable than my degrees.

I have been wondering how long it would be before I could call myself a runner and not feel like a fraud. Count that 74 runs. Today I need to forgo a run in order to do tomorrow's 12 miles on my marathon training schedule. I am itching and dying to get out there.

Instead - off to a secluded beach... with the yoga tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment